Tuesday, October 11, 2005

FERNANDEZ DROPS TO 1-1 AFTER RETURNING FROM NECK INJURY

Wild goalie Manny Fernandez dropped to 1-1 on the season after Minnesota was beaten by the Los Angeles Kings 2-1 Sunday night.

"Today's game was disappointing, but at least my neck feels good," said Fernandez after the game. The Wild goalie missed the season opener after suffering a bizarre injury: back spasms that were caused from toweling off after taking a shower.

"I was pretty embarrassed," said Fernandez about the injury. "But at least it was a muscle injury suffered after rigorous exercise. That's not so bad. I mean, at least I didn't do something stupid like fall down some stairs carrying groceries and break my collarbone. I'm sorry, did I say groceries? I meant deer meat."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home